Terms & Conditions
Conditions of Entry for Variety Motoring Events
Updated: October 2022
Who can enter?
- Variety Victoria – the Children’s Charity (Variety) selects the Entrants that can join a Variety Motoring Event (Event). Selection criteria for this and other requirements below is determined by Variety and applied by the Variety Office and the Variety Motoring Variety shall not be required to give any reason for the non‐ selection of an entrant after receiving the application form and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants means for the purpose of these conditions: vehicles, vehicle captains and their
- Crews are nominated by vehicle captains and include drivers and other persons travelling or participating in any way with an Event and who are associated with a vehicle in that Event.
- Event duration is from the beginning date and time to the end date and Vehicle Requirements
- Any vehicle entered into an Event must be ‐ registered, insured and roadworthy as prescribed by State
- At all times during any Event, all vehicles must display Event Stickers supplied by the Variety Office and that will include contractual Variety sponsor stickers.
Vehicle Exclusions and Exemptions
- Motorcycles, coaches, caravans, skateboards and motorised wheelbarrows are not allowed on
- Performance modifications or high‐performance model vehicles are not permitted to enter Variety reserves the right to classify a model as a high‐performance vehicle. A vehicle may be modified for strength or safety purposes (brakes, wheels, suspension, fuel tank, lights etc.) but not for speed (engine, gearbox, transmission etc.). No smoke emitting equipment is allowed.
- Some exemptions are allowed for elaborately themed vehicles (contact the Variety Office). Vehicles claiming an exemption as an elaborately themed vehicle will require approval by the Variety Motoring Team which may be requested through the Variety Office.
Fees and Contributions
- All Entrants must pay a non‐refundable registration fee. The registration fee must be paid in accordance with the instructions on the application All payments must be paid to Variety in accordance with the payment schedule outlined in the application form.
- In addition to the registration fee, Entrants must obtain further Contributions (including donations) as per the set amounts for individual Events and that are included in the application These set amounts are due and payable prior to the Event Mobile Workshop Day that is routinely held at least one month before the start of the Event. Variety may specify alternative deadlines.
- Both the Registration fee and Contributions in excess of the Registration fee are non‐refundable.
- Further Contributions can be made after the Mobile Workshop Day and during the
- Each Entrant shall also pay to Variety on behalf of the crew, a fee nominated by Variety to cover Event liability insurance.
- Variety does not provide any taxation advice and makes no representations concerning the income tax deductibility or any entitlement to an input tax credit for any fees or Contributions made. The Entrant should seek and obtain their own independent accounting or legal advice concerning all such matters.
Captain and Crew Requirements
- All persons who will be driving a vehicle on the Event must hold a valid and current driver licence throughout the Crews must agree to follow all instructions from Variety and from their designated vehicle captain for the Event.
- Captains are responsible for their vehicle, their own compliance and that of their crew as far as is reasonably practicable and according to law.
- All entrants and participants must:
- Sign an indemnity/medical form supplied by Variety
- If under the age of 18 years, (where the Event allows) be accompanied by a parent or legal
- Abide by the rules of the road as prescribed by State laws and local
- Observe all rules, regulations and vehicle specifications as issued by Variety, and
- Comply with the Variety Code of
- Variety Victoria is operating as a Child Safe Organisation following State Laws. All Entrants over 18 years of age must hold a valid Working with Children Check (Vic) or other acceptable (by Variety) registration within Australia.
- An Entrant must not:
- Carry out any fundraising activity which may bring the Variety name into disrepute or cause Variety to breach any State Laws or statutory fundraising guidelines
- Operate bank accounts for the purpose of fundraising using the name of the Variety, Variety Motoring Event Name *, Event Name* car or any combination * i.e.: Variety Bash, 4WD Adventure, Brats Bash, and
- Use the Variety name, or represent that it (in any fundraising event) has any connection with Variety without the prior written consent of Variety.
- The Entrant indemnifies Variety against any penalty or liability that Variety may incur as a consequence of any conduct of the Entrant.
- Variety reserves the right to conduct random breath and drug testing of vehicle drivers for blood alcohol levels (BAC) at any time during an Event.
COVID-19 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Variety is committed to comply with any State and Federal Government requirements in relation to COVID‐19 advice and issue restrictions and directions to prevent the spread of COVID‐19 that may affect the safe running of the Event, and Variety’s capacity to fulfil its obligations to entrants and participants. The Variety Office reserves the right to cancel the Event prior to departure or during the Event.
- All entrants are expected to comply with any COVID‐19 advice
Event Amendment and/or Cancellation
- If the Event is cancelled, Registration Costs, Contributions and Donations, as well as Insurance fees will remain non‐refundable. Variety will endeavour to recover any Provision Charges from suppliers and refund
- Variety does not make any promises about insurance claims that may arise from any It will use best endeavours to make appropriate claims against Variety insurers under Variety insurance policies for the event. Entrants and participants registered with Variety, however, are encouraged to check their own insurance policies and if necessary, contact their own insurers beforehand. They should also let Variety know as soon as possible of any likely claims.
- Variety will also do what it can to reduce any losses by re‐scheduling the event or by any other actions taken at the time. At all times Variety will work with its suppliers and participants to achieve the best overall
- If the Event is cancelled after departure, all entrants will be expected to comply with all government restrictions immediately.
- Any car that does not comply with any instruction to return home upon cancellation and continues on the route of the Event will be considered as having left the Event and will not be covered by Variety support or Event insurance. The Variety Office decisions and rulings are final.
In completing my registration, I acknowledge that I have read and understood all the information, terms and conditions and agree to observe these conditions and all subsequent amendments and additions. Failure to observe these con