Terms & Conditions
Campaign: Variety Petember
Timing: September 2020
Activity: Collect donations with your fundraising page to raise money for the provision of assistance dogs to children in need through Variety – the Children’s Charity Victoria.
Beneficiary: Variety – the Children’s Charity Victoria.
Who can get involved: Community fundraisers who are over the age of 16 can take part, (those under 16 will need parental consent to participate). Individuals, organisations, schools and community groups are all welcome to register.
What are the responsibilities of a Community Fundraiser?
Where applicable, the approved Community Fundraiser:
- Shall not undertake any door to door, street sales or telephone based approaches for donations to be made in connection with the activity
- Is responsible for the coordination and management of the activity/ies, associated licences, required insurances, publicity and communications with Variety – the Children’s Charity Victoria and the community, procurement of prizes, services, volunteers and personnel
- Assumes full responsibility for managing any activity relating to fundraising in an appropriate way and that the event is conducted and promoted in the organisers name
- Accepts and is responsible for minimising any risk associated with the fundraiser and is responsible for the safety of the event, volunteers and personnel and that it has the required minimum level of public liability cover
- Must disclose any prior or current criminal convictions before approval is awarded. Variety – the Children’s Charity is a child safe organisation and work to protect children from exposure to harm. By agreeing to these terms, the fundraiser confirms that they abide by the Variety Code of Conduct
- Ensure children under the age of 16 collecting, handling or managing funds are under the supervision of a responsible adult over the age of 18.
Official Variety – the Children’s Charity receipts
- All donations made on your fundraising page will automatically be issued with a receipt
- Donations of $2 and over are tax deductible
TERMS & CONDITIONS: Petember Contest
- Information on how to enter Petember 2020 contest (“Contest”) and the prizes form part of these conditions.
Entry (defined below) implies acceptance of these terms and conditions, and any amendments to them, which are final and binding in all respects. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid.
Variety – the Children’s Charity of Victoria (“Variety”) reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from the Contest if, in its sole judgement, the entrant has not complied with these terms and conditions, has tampered with the operation of the Contest, or has engaged in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to the Contest, or any other entrant.
By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions.
- By entering the Contest (“Entry”), entrants will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions and the Privacy Notice, and consent to Variety using the photo and materials submitted to Variety in connection with the Contest (collectively, “Entry Materials”) as Variety deems appropriate (including all marketing associated with the Contest).
- The Contest is open to residents who own the animal that is subject of the Entry.
- Anyone connected in a professional capacity with the Contest and that person’s immediate family members, and employees and contractors of the Variety and its affiliates or of the Prize Provider(s) (defined below).
- There are six prizes to be won as part of this Contest. The prize consists of:
- $500 FuzzYard vouchers x 4 weekly winners ($2000)
- $150 FuzzYard vouchers x 4 weekly runner up ($600)
- $500 FuzzYard voucher overall winner
- $100 FuzzYard voucher runner up
- $500 FuzzYard voucher highest fundraiser
- $200 FuzzYard voucher second highest fundraiser
- $100 FuzzYard voucher third highest fundraiser
- $250 FuzzYard vouchers x 4 fundraising incentive prizes ($1000). Terms and conditions of fundraising incentives will be published on the Petember.com.au website on announcement.
- Sign up today to go in the draw for a $250 Fuzzyard voucher
- Receive 5 donations today to go in the draw to win for a $250 Fuzzyard voucher
- Raise $500 or more on your page by 14 Sept to go in the draw to win a $250 Fuzzyard voucher
- Raise $1,000 or more by 30 September to go in the draw to win a $250 Fuzzyard voucher
Prize is not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other incentives, (“Prize”).
All taxes (excluding GST) which may be payable as a consequence of receiving a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
All other ancillary costs not already detailed in these terms and conditions including, but not limited to, insurance and ancillary travel costs (e.g. food) and any and all other expenses are the responsibility of the winner.
- The Contest opens to entries on Tuesday 1 September at 9.01am AEST and closes at 23.59 AEST on Tuesday 29 September 2020 (the “Contest Period”).
How to Enter
- There is one way to Enter the Contest, via a dedicated fundraising page on Petember.com.au.
- To enter, entrants must do the following during the Contest Period:
(a) Upload and share a picture of their Pet in online with the weekly theme on their dedicated fundraising page on Petember.com.au by the closing date for that week’s entry period as follows
Week 1 entries open 9.01am AEST Tuesday 1 September. Week 1 entries close 11.59pm AEST Sunday 6 September.
Week 2 entries open 9.01am AEST Tuesday 8 September. Week 2 entries close 11.59pm AEST Sunday 13 September.
Week 3 entries open 9.01am AEST Tuesday 15 September. Week 3 entries close 11.59pm AEST Sunday 20 September.
Week 4 entries open 9.01am AEST Tuesday 22 September. Week 3 entries close 11.59pm AEST Sunday 27 September.
There is no entry required for the grand finale. Overall winner will be chosen from all entries received between 9.01am AEST Tuesday 1 September and 11.59pm AEST Sunday 27 September.10.
No purchase necessary to enter.
- Entry Materials will not be returned to any entrant.
- Your photo must be of your Pet. The photo must not include any other person or any animal that is not your Pet.
- Your pet must not be in distress in the submission photo.
- Variety will only accept Entries that are completed and submitted in the format designated. Incomplete Entries will not be accepted. Duplicate Entries are not permitted and will be disregarded. Proof of electronic submission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. All Entries are deemed to be entered into the Contest on the day of receipt by Variety.
- By Entry and submitting Entry Materials, entrants:
- grant to the Variety, the right and license to use and publish the Entry Materials in any way(s) the Variety sees fit, including but not limited to dissemination by email and on the Petember.com.au website, Variety Petember Facebook page, Instagram account, TikTok and Twitter feed, Variety Victoria Facebook page, Instagram account and Twitter feed and associated partner sites and social media channels ;
- waive any moral rights in the Entry Materials and any materials incorporating the Entry Materials and any rights they may have to inspect or approve the activities; and release and discharge Variety from any claims or liability relating to Variety’s reasonable use of that entrant’s Entry Materials;
- confirm that the Entry Materials do not infringe, and do not incorporate any material that infringes, the rights (including intellectual property, privacy and confidentiality) of any third party and the entrants release and discharge Variety from all claims and liability relating to any use of the Entry Materials including (without limitation) claims that the use of the Entry Materials breach any third party rights;
- they will only submit an Entry which they have personally created or have the right to submit;
- agree that Variety will not be obligated to use the Entry Materials for any purpose;
- agree to Variety passing their personal details to the Prize Provider and any relevant third party for the sole purpose of administering the Contest (including contacting the entrant in the event they are a winner) and administering the Event; and
- agree to take any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Variety to effect, perfect, or confirm Variety’s ownership in the Entry Materials and any associated proprietary rights.
Winner Selection and Notification
- This Contest is a game of skill, chance plays no part in determining the winner. A panel of judges appointed by Variety will choose the Petember 2020 weekly winners and grand finale winner and recipients of the Prizes. They will chose the winner based on the photograph submitted as part of the entry and judging criteria, including, how happy the Pet looks, Originality, Creativity, Humour and Charisma.
- The winner will be notified within three (3) business days of the end of the Contest Period by email, requesting the entrant reply to the message with their contact details (“Notification”). The winner will have five (5) days from the Notification to respond and confirm their acceptance of the Prize in writing by direct message on Instagram.
- The winner name will be published via the Petember Instagram page and in Australian media.
- If a selected winner (or any substitute winner) is ineligible, cannot be reached, or fails to claim their Prize within five (5) days of the Notification, that winner (or substitute winner) will forfeit the Prize. In that event, Variety will reconvene the judges 7 days post at the same time and place as the first judging in order to distribute prize and it will be awarded to a substitute winner. If, having attempted to contact a winner and a substitute winner, Variety is unable to award a Prize, Variety reserves the right to consider the Prize unclaimed.
- Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. Variety’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Variety reserves the right to cancel or amend this Contest due to events or circumstances arising beyond its control[N1] . Variety has sole discretion in assessing these circumstances and its decision is final.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Variety and not to Instagram[N2] . Variety takes no responsibility for Instagram or any other social media organisation or person using those services that access, use or publish your information. You understand that Variety is not liable for any losses or damages if this happens as set out below at 27.
- In the event of any dispute, all submitted Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the Petember.com.au fundraising page from which they were submitted.
- All information submitted in connection with this Contest will be treated in accordance with these terms and conditions and Variety’s Privacy Notice available on variety.org.au.
- Nothing in these Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
Waiver of Liability
- To the extent permitted by law, neither Variety nor the Prize Provider(s) will be responsible or liable for:
(i) any failure to receive entries due to transmission failures, technical or telecommunications problems or other conditions beyond their reasonable control;
(ii) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries;
(iii) any disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond their reasonable control; or (iv) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
- To the extent that the Variety is permitted by law to do so, and subject to clause 25 above, in no event will the Variety be liable for any:
- loss or damage, including any special, consequential, indirect, incidental or exemplary loss or damage; or
- death, personal injury, or property damage;
- suffered or incurred by an entrant as a result of their participation in the Contest or their acceptance of any prize, except to the extent that such death, personal injury, property damage or other loss or damage is caused by the Variety’s negligence, fraud or wilful misconduct.
- Prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the various third party prize suppliers ("Prize Providers"). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Variety is not responsible for and excludes all liability for any loss or damage suffered by a participant as a result of the conduct of a Prize Provider.
- The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright protected by Variety and its affiliates.
- All rights reserved.
- 31. Promoter: Variety the Children’s Charity of Victoria, H74, 63 Turner Street, Port Melbourne VIC 3207.
- Variety the Children’s Charity of Victoria, H74, 63 Turner Street, Port Melbourne VIC 3207 (“Variety”) collects your personal information (name, date of birth, address, contact numbers and email) when you enter this Contest for the purposes of your entry into the Contest.
- If Variety does not collect your personal information, you will not be able to participate in the Contest or claim a prize.
Variety may disclose this personal information to third parties, including agents, contractors, service providers or prize suppliers, and as required to Australian regulatory authorities, for the purpose of processing and conducting this promotion.