With the situation surrounding COVID-19 posing serious ongoing health and travel risks, as well as current and forecast state border closures and social restrictions,
We have made the difficult decision to cancel the 2021 Variety Bash to Great Keppel Island.
Given the ongoing uncertainty, risks and forecasts, and despite our best efforts, we are also unable to plan a motoring event around Victoria in 2021.
Please note after three attempts to make the current route happen, the 2022 Variety Vic Bash will have a new destination. We will not be heading to Great Keppel Island in 2022.
While we are devastated that we won't be on the road with you this year, we are so grateful to have so many of you as a part of our Variety family and are thankful for your kindness, dedication and perseverance.
Of course, there are a number of remarkable people and organisations who make the Variety Vic Bash happen, and we want to give an extra special thanks to you for pulling out all the stops and tirelessly supporting Variety and kids in need. Thank you Howard Barber, Gary Caddy, Rod Collins, Wayne Daisley, Geoff Handberg, Darren Hoggan, Jenny Kelly, Mick Kelly, Sam Martin, Rob McCorkell, Andrew Richards and the 45 volunteers and officials who make the Variety Vic Bash possible.
We also give our heartfelt thanks to our event sponsors WM Waste Management Services, ACE Radio, Seeley International, Isuzu Trucks, Budget Car and Truck Rental, Sheen Panel Service, Ambulance Victoria and Fire Rescue Victoria for your devotion and assistance in our most challenging period.
WHAT'S IT LIKE TO BE ON THE VARIETY BASH?
Right before the 2019 Variety Vic Bash to Geraldton, we interviewed some of our famous Bash crews to share their favourite memories from the road
It's all for a good cause
All kids deserve the same opportunities in life. No matter what life throws at them. Variety – the Children’s Charity helps children and their families with much-needed financial support for things like specialist equipment, therapy, and medical supplies, when they can’t afford it, and when government assistance isn’t available.
Children directly impacted by Variety across Australia in the last year
worth of grants approved across Australia in the last year
The Variety Vic Bash has distributed over $23M in grants to kids in need.
We're here to support you
Here at Variety
- Martin Hills just donated $104
- Anonymous just donated $1,111.86
- Flowright Plumbing Solutions just donated $515
- Gerard just donated $150
- Chris Korsten just donated $104
- Peninsula Cookie House just donated $1,015
- Daryl Hore just donated $104
- Stephen Goodman just donated $260
- Richard Brooks just donated $52
- Hauler Family just donated $100
- Generals Basketball Club just donated $515
- Murray Downs just donated $3,450
- anonymous just donated $50
- David just donated $500
- Hadyn just donated $1,237
- Muckadilla TopCrop just donated $1,487.93
- Coastal roofing just donated $104
- Nick Panozzo just donated $515
- The Tinshed just donated $200
- Trevor Reynolds just donated $104