Terms & Conditions
Conditions of Entry for Variety Motoring Events
- Variety Victoria – the Children’s Charity (Variety) shall select the entrants who are to join a Variety Motoring Event. The criteria for selection will be as determined by the Variety Office. Variety shall not be required to give any reason for the non‐selection of an entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any vehicle entered in a Variety Motoring Event must be licensed, insured and roadworthy as prescribed by State Laws. Some exemptions are allowed for elaborately themed vehicles (contact Variety). Vehicles claiming an exemption as an elaborately themed vehicle will require approval by the Variety Motoring Team.
- Motorcycles, coaches, caravans, skateboards and motorised wheelbarrows are not allowed on Variety motoring events.
- Performance modifications or high-performance model vehicles are not permitted to enter Variety Motoring Events. The relevant Variety Office reserves the right to class a model as a high-performance vehicle. A vehicle may be modified for strength or safety purposes (brakes, wheels, suspension, fuel tank, lights etc.) but not for speed (engine, gearbox, transmission etc.). No smoke emitting equipment is allowed. All cars must display the event sponsors stickers supplied by the Variety Office at all times during the event.
- All Entrants must pay a registration fee. Such registration fee must be paid in accordance with the instructions on the application. All payments must be paid to Variety the Children’s Charity of Victoria in accordance with the payment schedule.
- In addition to the registration fee, entrants must procure further contributions (including donations) as per individual event structures which are due and payable by Mobile Workshop Day or as otherwise specified. Both the registration fee and contributions in excess of the registration fee are non‐refundable. Further contributions can be made during the event.
- Variety does not provide any taxation advice and makes no representations concerning the income tax deductibility or any entitlement to an input tax credit for any fees or contributions made. The entrant should seek and obtain their own independent accounting or legal advice concerning all such matters.
- All entrants and anyone taking part in the Variety Motoring Event in any way must sign an indemnity/medical form supplied by Variety the Children’s Charity of Victoria.
- All entrants under the age of 18 years (where the motoring event allows) must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Each team shall pay to Variety a nominated fee to cover event liability insurance.
- At all times entrants must abide by the rules of the road as prescribed by State laws and local authority.
- Entrants must at all times observe all rules, regulations and vehicle specifications as issued by Variety the Children’s Charity of Victoria. All entrants must comply with the Variety Motoring Event Code of Conduct.
- An entrant must not carry out any fundraising activity which may bring the Variety name into disrepute or cause Variety to breach any statutory guidelines.
- Entrants are not to operate bank accounts for the purpose of fundraising using the name of the Variety, Variety Motoring Event Name *, Event Name* car or any combination * i.e.: Variety Bash, 4WD Adventure, Brats Bash, Variety Rally Around Victoria.
- An entrant shall not use the Variety name, or represent that it (in any fundraising event) has any connection with Variety without the prior written consent of Variety.
- The entrant indemnifies Variety against any penalty or liability Variety may incur as a consequence of any conduct of the entrant.
- Variety the Children’s Charity of Victoria reserves the right to conduct random breath and drug testing of drivers for blood alcohol levels (BAC).
COVID-19 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
While participating in events held by Variety – the Children’s Charity of Victoria (“Variety Victoria”) “social distancing” must be practiced and face coverings worn when possible, or you are legally required to do so, to reduce the risks of exposure to Covid-19. Because Covid-19 is extremely contagious and is spread mainly from person-to-person contact, Variety Victoria has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of Covid-19. However, Variety Victoria cannot guarantee that its participants, volunteers, staff, or others in attendance will not become infected with Covid-19.
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION (Please also check state government COVID websites for up-to-date information and hotspots)
Considering the ongoing spread of COVID-19, individuals who fall within any of the categories below should not engage in Variety Victoria events. By attending a Variety Victoria event, you certify that you do not fall into any of the following categories:
• Individuals who currently or within the past fourteen (14) days have experienced any symptoms associated with Covid- 19, which include fever, cough, sore throat and shortness of breath and other symptoms (See *Other Symptoms as listed at end),
• Individuals who have travelled at any point in the past fourteen (14) days either internationally or to a declared hotspot that is experiencing community spread of Covid-19, or
• Individuals who believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of Covid-19 or have been diagnosed with Covid-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious.
EVENT AMENDMENT AND/ OR CANCELLATION
If State, or Federal Governments issue restrictions and directions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 that affect the safe running of the event, and Variety’s capacity to fulfil its obligations to entrants and participants then, the Covid Committee and, Variety Office reserves the right to cancel the event prior to departure or during the event.
- Should the above cause the cancellation of the event, Registration Costs, Donations, and Insurance will remain non-refundable. Variety will endeavor to recover provision charges from suppliers and distribute accordingly.
- Variety does not make any promises about insurance claims that may arise from any cancellations. It will use best endeavors to make appropriate claims against Variety insurers under Variety insurance policies for the event. Entrants and participants registered with Variety, however, are encouraged to check their own insurance policies and if necessary, contact their own insurers beforehand. They should also let Variety (and their own insurers) know as soon as possible of any likely claims.
- Variety will also do what it can to reduce any losses by re-scheduling the event or by any other actions taken at the time. At all times Variety will work with its suppliers and participants to achieve the best overall outcome.
- If the event is cancelled after departure, all entrants will be expected to comply with all government restrictions immediately.
- Any car that does not comply with any instruction to return home upon cancellation and continues on the route of the event will be considered as having left the event and will not be covered by support or event insurance. The Variety Office decisions and rulings are final.
In completing my registration, I acknowledge that I have read and understood all the information, terms and conditions and agree to observe these conditions and all subsequent amendments and additions. Failure to observe these conditions of entry may lead to cancellation of the Variety Victoria Bash.