Terms & Conditions
Campaign: Variety Bikes for Kids
Activity: Collect donations with your fundraising page to raise money to provide a bike/s for a child in need through Variety – the Children’s Charity Victoria.
Beneficiary: Variety – the Children’s Charity Victoria.
Who can get involved: Community fundraisers who are over the age of 16 can take part, (those under 16 will need parental consent to participate). Individuals, organisations, schools and community groups are all welcome to register alone or to create a team to raise funds.
What are the responsibilities of a Community Fundraiser?
Where applicable, the approved Community Fundraiser:
- Shall not undertake any door to door, street sales or telephone based approaches for donations to be made in connection with the activity
- Is responsible for the coordination and management of the activity/ies, associated licences, required insurances, publicity and communications with Variety – the Children’s Charity Victoria and the community, procurement of prizes, services, volunteers and personnel
- Assumes full responsibility for managing any activity relating to fundraising in an appropriate way and that the event is conducted and promoted in the organisers name
- Accepts and is responsible for minimising any risk associated with the fundraiser and is responsible for the safety of the event, volunteers and personnel and that it has the required minimum level of public liability cover
- Must disclose any prior or current criminal convictions before approval is awarded. Variety – the Children’s Charity is a child safe organisation and work to protect children from exposure to harm. By agreeing to these terms, the fundraiser confirms that they abide by the Variety Code of Conduct. Variety - the Childrens Charity of Victoria withhold the right to withdraw your page at anytime if these conditions are not met or breached.
- The fundraiser agrees to all conditions outlined in the Variety Community Fundraising Guidelines
- Ensure children under the age of 16 collecting, handling or managing funds are under the supervision of a responsible adult over the age of 18.
Official Variety – the Children’s Charity receipts
- All donations made on your fundraising page will automatically be issued with a receipt
- Donations of $2 and over are tax deductible
- You, as the Community Fundraiser, will receive a letter to acknowledge the funds raised. This is not a tax deductable receipt.